Sunday, March 8, 2015

Workout program #3

The workout programs are looking good.

A few reminders:
Yoga is muscle endurance, it is its own workout, not under flexibility as an after workout stretch.
Flexibility is where you stretch after your workout!   Stretching is done daily.
Body Composition IS your calorie (food) intake.
You need a basic and simple warmup and cool down, this can be the same all week long.
Stretching is not a cool down.
Do not just progress your workout by adding more repetitions.  Make it realistic.  Someone cannot do 3 sets of 400 pushups, 3 times a week.  And why should they as a marathoner? :>

8th grade needs to be specific about their food intake.  Is your athlete consuming enough calories for the workout?  Are they drinking enough water and electrolytes?  Are they getting the 3 main nutrients?  You should look at your athletic nutrition handout from this year and your 5 fitness components from last year to help you out. Or previous blogs for help on the 5 fitness components.

If you want me to look at it before you turn it in, email or show to me and I will help you out!

All completed assignments must be hard copies.  You can print them out at the library.
Please attach the cover page also.

All work is due March 9th (my classes)  If you need more time, you must talk to me.

Other students not in my class, but I am grading, ASAP.  But no later then Thursday please.
I need time to grade!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment